Thursday, February 21, 2013

Little Things

So, yesterday was my birthday. While I didn't do anything overly fabulous, a few wonderful things happened to me that made me realize just how blessed and loved I really am. 

First, through the miracle of medicine, I finally woke up feeling not sick. This was a major accomplishment considering that I had felt like death for about a week.

Second, the first person I interacted with as I walked into the Student Center said Happy Birthday to me and as a girl who has lived as a soft-spoken, shy wallflower for the past 19 years, this was like a firework. A burst of love and light that made me realize the changes in the last year.

Third, my wonderful roommate accompanied me to Starbucks for my birthday drink. We sat there for a hour and just talked. 

Fourth, my amazing boyfriend drove through a snowstorm in rush hour traffic on 480 to come see me. He brought me a book and kept telling me how much he loved me. I am so blessed to have this wonderful man in my life. I don't know what my life would be like without his love, patience, and devotion. 

Fifth, my living worries for next year may potentially be over! BL bombed every form of communication and I finally relented. We were offered a space on the Kappa floor and I am hoping and praying that they grant us the privilege of living with them.We then spent the next hour looking at cats and proposals on Buzzfeed.

Sixth, my incredibly talented and generous friend TF got what could potentially be a huge story for the CN. I honestly am so fortunate that he is so willing to let the freedom of information and the press march on. 

Seventh, I went to bed feeling blessed and full of love.

I really do not know what I did to deserve all of these blessings and I don't think I will ever truly grasp the meaning of these relationships. The fact that I have all of these people in my life who are willing to celebrate the day that I came into the world means more to me than I ever thought it would. 

I never have been a girl with a large number of friends and to be totally honest. I have never been a person to have any true close friends. When people say that college is where you find your bridesmaids and life long friends, they are right. 

You live and work with these people. Through movie nights, parties, and disagreements. You celebrate and mourn with them and this leads to connections deeper than anything you have had besides your family.

I really do thank God for all of the people I have met while here at JCU and I pray that each and everyone of them is blessed and knows how much I love all of them. 

From the CN newsroom, to Pacelli, my CLC, Hamlin 248, and everyone in between. I love all of you and may God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment