Alright, so maybe I am deviating a little bit more from the
story that I am writing, but I think this deserves a little recognition and
writing about failed relationships is starting to wear on my brain a tad, so let’s
have a change of pace. What’s up positivity?! I’ve missed you.
I am a fan of Michael Buble. Like a big fan. His music is
beautiful. I know people say he just made his money and fame from copying
Sinatra, but I really don’t care. I love his voice, I love the music, I love
the sway of the beat. I love it all. But I think the thing I love the most
about his music is that it makes me happy. It gives me the feeling of being in
love (kind of like chocolate, but without the calories).
I don’t know why, but it gives me these floaty images of
dancing through the kitchen, being kissed by my husband as he walks in the
door, having him take me in his arms and dancing to the song (Tip to future
husband/boyfriend/whatever: If I ever get upset with you, playing some stupidly
romantic song and dancing with me to it or singing to it will automatically
make me forget why I was mad at you. Something to file away for the future).
“How very 1950s” some of you are probably thinking and I
know, so sappy, right? But I cannot help but think about things like this when listening
to songs like “Something Stupid,” “The Way You Look Tonight,” “Moondance,” and “Have
I told you lately that I love you.” And just so we cover all of the bases here,
I would have beat him home by just a few minutes, I plan on working too…no
1950s housewife here thank you very much. But we can save the feminism, equal work
and pay rant for a different time. Back to the songs.
They are full of the imagery and words that go along with
being in love (I would know, I’ve been in love..I think…). They have the power
to transport you to the streets of NYC or Chicago, where you and your love and
walking hand and hand with this music as your happy little soundtrack for your
stroll.
*Sigh*
I know I am a hopeless romantic. I know that beyond a doubt.
After all, who else could have these ridiculous ideas when they listen to a
song. This girl. That’s who.
One quality that I know I want my future husband to have is
the ability to be old-school romantic. As in sitting by the fireplace as the
snow falls down, listening to Michael Buble and Sinatra, just talking and
snuggling (anyone getting puppy imagery here?). I cannot stop smiling about the
possibility of that even now.
SEE!! This is what this music does to me! It literally makes
me feel like I am in love! And to clarify, I am not. Or at least, I am about
95% certain I am not. Shoot. That would make things complicated. Okay, let’s go
with no. Not in love. It has to just be the music that is making me this happy.
You cannot help but be happy when you listen to songs like this.
I think I may have just found my winter blues, mean reds
(anyone get that reference?), baby depression, broken heart, and everything in
between cure. Just pop in some Buble and float away on a cloud of blissful
happiness and if anyone is interested in feeling some love, give Buble’s new
album a listen it is on Spotify, it’s awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment