Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Eighteen Inches

"Cause there ain’t no greater distance.Than the eighteen inches from your head to your heart"

Sometimes I feel like I am unable to separate what my head says is logical and what my heart says that it wants. Me, being me...always tends to think with my heart first. My brain literally turns off and I can only process information through my emotions.

It can cause some messy results...unfortunately for a lot of my friends and family who have to see me in the fragile state. I do not really want to be a burden for these people, but a lot of the time I have to talk to someone just so I do not end up getting so wrapped up in myself that I have an extreme mental breakdown. 

So I have been having a few of these over the past few days...it has been difficult to say the least. A lot of is focuses around not wanting changes to happen. In order to combat all of this I decided to try and drown out all of my thoughts with music. 

Needless to say it seemed like every freaking song was somehow relevant...but when you are looking for guidance and hope that does tend to happen...a lot. A particular song popped into my head, one that my roommate had me listen to when I was dealing with some of the same issues I am right now, with my heart making all of my decisions. 

The song is called "Eighteen Inches" and it basically talks about how difficult it can be to make coherent choices when your heart is being so loud and your head seems just too logical, so you automatically write it off. 

It is a constant struggle. I am never sure if I should follow my head or not...I mean logic does always seem to win out...but is that because I am denying my heart? What if I am saying no to something just because I am afraid to take the leap of faith or because it just seems to hard? When do you know if something is actually right? 

That seems to be the constant struggle doesn't it? What is right? When do we jump and when do we hold back and go with the logical choice? According to my head, I am supposed to be logical...but the thing is I don't really want to...I would much rather follow my heart because people do not do that enough...and I kind of want to...

No comments:

Post a Comment