Saturday, April 6, 2013

Moulin Rouge

You know how people always seem to say "All you need is love"? How many people actually believe that? Maybe I have just lost my cynicism because I am just really happy right now...but maybe not. 

Why don't more of us believe that love really can make us so happy that we don't need anything else? Has society really tarnished relationships to the point where everyone is afraid of love? I mean I am not really one to lecture on this...but can't we just dive headfirst into something without worrying about the consequences?

 I am so not the type of person who would even consider things like this. I am careful. I over think almost everything and I tend to listen to my heart far more often than my head. But is that really a bad thing? Is it bad to want to make someone feel wanted, important, worth all of someone else's time and effort...maybe even loved? 

I do wholeheartedly believe that "the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." Funny thing is that sometimes you have to experience that love and then the subsequent heartbreak before you can teach other person how to love and be loved. Even odder is that fact that sometimes it is far harder to be loved than it is to love. 

When you are loved you hold the heart of your lover and you are expected to take really good care of it. 

It is kind of scary for me that I have this proverbial tidal wave of emotion that looks like it is about to wash over me. A little over a month is such a short amount of time...but falling take such a short amount of time. I guess it is just the questions...the what is going to happen? The, what are you actually feeling? The, would you actually be willing to try and make it work? The, what if this is it? 

I mean is it? Is this it? 

I guess as humans who are just trying to follow God's path for us we will never be able to answer those questions. But somehow...they are all still there...nagging...causing you to flash forward...making your heart fill...your hope swell. 

I guess it is true that pisces are hopeless romantics...because this is just insane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment