So I am fully aware that I have been neglecting my blog for the last few days....but try as I may I literally could not think of anything to write about. It is my spring break and beyond writing papers and what not life has not been very interesting.
But I did forget that last Wednesday I found out something very interesting, I am an auditory learner and my boyfriend is a kinesthetic learner.
I don't believe that he loves me because he does not say it and he does not feel like I love him because I do not physically comfort him.
Ergo...we are two sides of two very different coins. This would explain why we are having such a hard time comforting each other or getting each other to believe in our love for the other person. This would also explain while I feel very disconnected from him with anything physical. I just don't see hugging, kissing, etc as an expression of love, but for him, that is exactly the way he tells me he loves me.
For him, I can talk all I want. Say I love you over and over again. But if I am not hugging, kissing him etc. these are nothing but hollow words. Needless to say this means that we are going to be embarking on a very interesting journey. I have to learn how to appeal to his form of learning and he has to learn to appeal to mine.
We are in for a vey long an difficult journey considering we will essentially be going against our own minds and tendencies for the other person. But isn't that was love is?
Now to tie this into God and my relationship with him. God connects to me through song. The combination of music and biblical messages speaks to me. I essentially listen and believe. That is why I have learned that it is so important for me to listen to music and sermons. This is how God speaks to me. I have been denying it for the past few months, just expecting it to happen again, the connection that had vanished. But, I was not seeking it.
So in this I am going to recommit. I am going to listen to more Christian music and try to find sermons that I can listen to and maybe this will reconnect me with my God in a better way than before.
I can only hope and pray that now that I know I am an auditory listener that I will use this to help my relationships, with both God and Zak.
No comments:
Post a Comment