So, we have finally come to that moment in the semester. When everything starts to pile up. You are picking classes for next Fall, choosing your rooms for next year, figuring out internships and jobs for the summer, getting into life talks with your significant other, all while trying to stay present in the current semester.
It certainly does not help when everything, including where you are going to live, is up in the air. Not having concrete plans is one of my biggest stressors. It is times like these when I struggle the most with putting faith in God's plan for me.
I always try to tell myself that God knows what he is doing and that he has a plan for me, right down to if I a going to be able to live on campus or not. I believe that there is some higher purpose to almost everything that happens to me, but I need God's strength and patience.
I know that there is nothing I can do about these things, they all weigh on the decisions of others, but I have such a hard time believing this sometimes.
Recently, I have started watching the miniseries on the History Channel, "The Bible." One of the things that God's faithful said all of the time during their trials and struggles was "God will provide." I am telling my self this over and over again. I am not saying that I probably won't end up broken down in tears at some point in the next two and a half weeks, but "God will provide."
I have to trust in his plan and that he will give me the tools and wisdom I need for these next few weeks. I am hopeful and faithful that by the joyous celebration of Easter, all of the things I am worrying about now will just be an unpleasant memory, but a good learning experience nonetheless.
After all, I have been incredible blessed by the opportunities and experiences I have been able to have thus far. I have met incredible people, I have loving family and friends, I go to an amazing university, I have been blessed with health, intelligence and drive. Yet,
I still seem to worry.
I am going to try and continue to tell myself that God will provide over the next few weeks. I am going to keep praying and have faith in his plan. I just need his strength and wisdom to guide me.
No comments:
Post a Comment