Our old high school.
The football field.
The auditorium.
I look out my bedroom window,
remembering you drive that
beat-up bright jade dodge truck down my
driveway
and being giddy to finally have a
boyfriend.
You get out of the car,
a seventeen year old
dressed in your preferred style of
jeans and a short sleeved button down.
I get up from my desk.
Walk down the stairs.
Four years race by as I
walk to the door.
Your new rasberry colored scion
framed by my living room window.
No one else if home,
something that never happened in high
school.
I open the door,
that seventeen year old boy,
replaced by a 21 year old man,
laden with car payments and responsibilities.
But your smile is still the same.
So much has happened in these four
years,
birthdays, fights, kisses, even a
break-up.
But you still come up to my door just
the same.
A quick hello,
a kiss,
a hug.
Four years you have loved me,
will you love me through the next four?
No comments:
Post a Comment