I cannot even begin to explain how happy I feel at the moment. That person, the one I went on all of the dates with, we put a title on it today. I could not stop smiling. The odd thing was, typically when you enter into a new relationship the first thing that comes to mind is the old relationship; but it didn't.
Now this is not to say that I did not value my ex and the lessons he taught me. I loved him and I loved and cherish the good times we spent together. But something that crossed my mind was that I was finally leaving high school behind. It was wonderful while it lasted, but I have grown up and changed and I was ready for a college relationship.
I was ready for someone who was going through the exact same things as I was. For someone who wanted to travel, be responsible, support me in my endeavors, and stand beside me while I fight battles, no matter how menial.
You know how in movies there is always that guy who is best friends with that girl but the guy has really loved the girl all along or vise-versa. He is the guy she goes to for everything. He helps her with relationship trouble, gives her a shoulder to lean on etc, etc...Well this person was that guy.
He listened to me, gave me advice, was a good friend, but there was always something else there. Under everything, something that I was denying. Now that I have admitted that those feelings exist, I have not been happier. So now I am in this new relationship. I am not really sure what it is yet...but here it is and I couldn't be more excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment