Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Faith and Trust

Similarities paired with trust are an awesome thing isn’t it?

I am one of the leaders of these groups called CLC’s that we have at my university. They are small faith communities where you are able to open up to other people and become completely vulnerable without fearing any backlash.

Tonight we decided that we were going to pair off and discuss our lives and faith with people in the group. Needless to say, it was a very enriching and valuable experience.

I was paired with a man I consider to be one of my friends, but I learned that I really knew nothing about him. In the environment of complete trust and safety we were able to really open up to each other and learn just how much we had in common.

We are so similar to one another and because CLC’s have this incredible faith dynamic I was able to learn about his incrediable strength and faith. I have literally never met a peer that dealt with such a life altering choice and used it to become a strong, faithful man who values life so much.

People have the ability to supriuse you so much when they are able to open up to you. When you have a realationship with a person that is rooted so firmly in trust, even through you don't really know them, God can do amazing things.

I really encourgae people to do things like this. Grab that person who you just trust but don't really know and talk to them about life, God, love, faith, whatever moves you. God does amazing things with relationships and He puts these people in our lives who we never thought existed. Trust in God and those special people in your life. It could change your outlook, maybe even make you a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment