Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Day, New Faith

I don't know about you, but how I feel can be very heavily based on what the weather is. So needless to say, the last few days have been quite a struggle. But today, as I was driving my little sister home from her soccer practice the clouds began to break and the sun came streaming through. 

As much as people complain about the weather in Ohio, it sure gives us some beautiful sunsets. 


I think what this helped me finally realize was that I can be as sad and upset about my what has happened in the past few days as I want to be, but that is not going to change anything. I am in no way saying that I am going to stop hoping and dreaming, but I think I have decided that I really just need to let go of the past and let my life be focused on the present and the brightness of my future. Not what is going to happen in my future, just the fact that I am excited to see what it is going to look like. 

I don't know why it has taken so long for me to realize this, maybe because JCU really is a bubble and I could not see beyond that bubble until I got out of it. I know that there has to be some greater plan in all  of this. There has to be. 

I know that there is a large group of people on this earth that believe that there is no plan for us, that things just happen. Maybe it is the idealist in me, maybe it is my faith, maybe I am crazy, I don't know. But I feel like there is something in the works here. Something so great and beautiful that there is no way that I could have foreseen it or planned it. 

So I am giving it all to you, God. I am putting my life fully into your hands. I trust in your plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment