God,
Alright. I guess I forfeit. I keep trying to predict my life and control it. To try and guess who I am going to end up spending the rest of my life with. To guess who the next person I am going to kiss is. To try and guess who the person I am going to fall hopelessly in love with and have that same person fall in love with me. I keep thinking that I figured it out. That I found the person...but, I keep being wrong.
It is starting to hurt. But I am also starting to let go. I have this grand vision of my love story. Full of moonlit nights, flowers, sweet whispers, tender kisses, and "Baby, I am always here for you"'s. But I keep being wrong.
So, I guess I am finally admitting that You are still writing my love story. You obviously have someone very special in mind for me. And I am going to try, try as hard as I can, to be patient. To let You put that person right in front of me. To let You shine a beam of light down and say:
"Here he is. Here is the perfect man for you. The one that you have been waiting for. The one that will wipe away your tears, cuddle with you, fight with you, laugh with you, dream with you, and unconditionally love you. I did not put all of those other guys in your life to make you become hopeless. I gave them to you so you would know that I had him waiting for you. So here he is. Take him. Love him and remember that I always know what I am doing."
You know the perfect person for me. And you are going to have us cross paths at the perfect time. I just pray that I will have the wisdom to see him, to know that it is him. I just ask for you to help me be patient. To help me be wise and to help me listen to Your voice whispering in my ear. I know You never put people in our lives for no reason. You put them there to teach us something. To make us realize a truth about ourselves. To help us become who we are supposed to be.
So God, I am putting it all in Your hands. I know you have him waiting for me, You are just waiting for the perfect time to bring us together.
I will try to be patient and be faithful. But I can't do this alone. Please help me.
Love always,
Abby
No comments:
Post a Comment