![]() |
| Mount Siani and the Rostro de Cristo house we stayed in |
The place we stayed was an invasion community and the people there lived without the basics of clean water and safe roads. The conditions were desperate and sometimes dangerous, but I have never seen more joyful and grateful people in my life.
![]() |
| This is the group with Monica. She was an incredible inspiration. |
I also had the most incredible group of people with me. My group from JCU was amazing. We all were able to click and connect with each other so fast. We had so much fun together. It really was like we were a giant family. We joked with each other but when it came time to have serious conversations, everyone was insightful and caring.
![]() |
| This is the after-school program we worked with. Such intelligent kids. |
I have never been happier to be proved wrong.
The amount of love I saw from the couples that had been together for years and could still act like teenagers around each other. The children who tried so hard in school and were excited to practice their English. The unconditional love and joy that radiated from the kids. How every time they saw us, they jumped into our arms and showered us with hugs and kisses. How a woman took $4000, a risk, and a dream and turned it into the premier school of Guayaquil. How everyone gave you a kiss when you walked in their door. How I could talk about my life and have people to compassionately listen and challenge me with questions.
![]() |
| IGUANAS!! (Friends, not food) |
Nothing will ever be the same and for that, I am eternally grateful.
![]() |
| Little Diana. She totally stole my heart. |





No comments:
Post a Comment