One of the byproducts of my internship with a jewelry
company is that I am constantly looking at engagement rings, proposals, ads for
weddings, and the list goes on and on. And this has got me thinking.
I recently learned that neither my grandmother or my
grandfather can remember my grandfather proposing. My mother told me that my
stepdad didn’t propose to her either and I have friends who say that their
parents just made the mutual agreement to get married…
I may be totally off here, but that just seems wrong.
I do not care how realistic and practical you are, every single
girl deserves a proper proposal. As for me, I am determined to have that
proposal.
Now, this is in no way saying that I have this ideal built
up in my head and if the real thing doesn't match the ideal I will be disappointed,
not at all. I just want whoever wants to marry me to show how special and
important I am to him by pledging his love for me and asking for my hand in a
completely traditional way.
I want to be surprised!
While a mutual agreement to get married has lead to many,
many happy marriages, I am determined to have a fairy tale And part of that fairy tale is the man of my dreams getting down on one knee and asking me to
spend the rest of my life with him.
If there was a job that entailed helping people create the
perfect proposal, I would be all over that.
Aside from the day that I marry my perfect man, the proposal
should be one of the single most joyful experiences between him and I.
Maybe I am just a silly hopeless romantic, oh wait, I am definitely
a silly hopeless romantic but the great thing is, that perfect man that God has
picked out for me will know that. He will want nothing more than to make me
happy.
So keep an eye out for my marriage proposal on youtube or pinterest,
give me a few years, I know it will be
magical.
No comments:
Post a Comment