“You should write a book. Things like this just don’t
happen.”
Each time I explain to another person what happened to me in
the last few months, this is the response I get. Maybe it is because I am an
English major, but maybe it is because my story truly is extraordinary. I mean,
what other girl successfully runs away from one relationship only to dive into
another moments later and then have that guy run away from me. Things like this
just don’t really happen. Or that is what I have been told at least.
So breaking all the normal rules of our society, I have
decided that I will write a book, or at least tell the story of what happened
to me. How I fell out of love, then back into love, and was then thrust back
out of it.
I am not doing with the intention of becoming the next great
American writer, not at all. I am doing this for me and maybe for every other
girl who has had her heart broken in ways that she cannot even believe.
I am writing this to provide others and myself with hope.
With the hope that great love stories do exist in our normal lives. We don’t
always need to turn to movies or fiction to see people fall in love and go
through life without any care about the eventual consequences.
So this is it. I am finally going to do something productive
with this summer and maybe it will finally heal me. Maybe writing down all of
the things that happened and all of the memories will finally release this running
dialogue from my brain. Maybe when I lie down at night I won’t see the shadows
of past memories. Maybe I will finally be able to put the past in the past.
I know this is not going to be easy. Not even a little bit.
There is a lot to write about and it is going to get painful sometimes and
sometimes the memories will case feelings to resurface. But I feel this has to
be done. I have to do something to give my mind and my heart rest. So this is
it. Here goes nothing. And everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment