Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Love is love is love

Today is one of those days that will go down in history. DOMA ruled unconstitutional, Prop 8 goes down in flames and the support for marriage equality is pouring out of the hearts and minds of Americans.

It probably isn't surprising to anyone where I stand on this issue. I believe that love is love. And to deny people their right to express that love is wrong.

I mean it is simple.

I love love.

Always have.

Always will.

I love quickly, easily and with my entire being.

That being said.

I was so sick of love during the last few days.

I could not listen to a single love song on the radio. Sappy emotional stories made me sick. I could not stand it.

So I decided to turn to the only thing that I thought would help me.

Christian music. Music that is full of love and pure joy. Music that talks about redemption and God being strong for you when you are weak.

I listened to it for a full 48 hours. I have been waking up and getting ready to Matt Maher every morning.

I gave my life, my heart and my mind to God during the time I was listening to that music.

And you know what?

Something amazing happened.

I was able to love love again.

Through listening about God’s unconditional love for me I was able to see love again and want to hear about it.

So after skipping all of the love songs on my CDs, playlists and the radio stations, I was finally able to listen to them again.

I was able to listen to songs like “Marry Me,” “Love like Crazy,” and “Come on Get Higher” without feeling sad or angry.

I also experienced the true outpouring of God’s grace in the forgiveness from a friend.

Out of my stupidity, callousness, and lashing out in pain God made something beautiful. I am totally convinced that that was done by His hands.

I am incredibly blessed to have people in my life who love and care about me as much as they do.

Some are fiercely loyal, protecting my heart and head at any cost. Others remind me that I am a wonderful and talented person and I don’t need the approval of others to know this. Still others just remind me that I have a heart, and that love for other people is one of the greatest gifts of all time.

I owe my relationships with these people to the glory of God and I truly believe that he has put these people into my life for a reason.


I am truly blessed and amazed by His grace every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment